Are you needing a change from your typical protein shake or smoothie? Here’s a great alternative to starting your day with your healthy dose of protein but in a different form. My son and I just love these Banana Pancakes! They’re SUPER easy to make, low in sugar and are packed with protein! The key ingredient is the PureShock Vegan (dairy-fre) or Elite protein powder, which are gluten-free and easy to digest.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or other nut butter and can be optional altogether)
- 2 scoops of PureShock Vegan or Elite protein powder
- Pinch of cinnamon or spice (optional)
- Grass-few butter or coconut oil
- Berries for topping (optional)
- Mash up the banana in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, almond butter and PureShock Vegan or Elite (plus cinnamon if you’re using) and whisk until mixture forms a thick batter.
- Heat oil/butter in a pan and then pour the batter into small circles, as many as you can fit in the pan.
- Flip when they start to turn golden brown.
- Repeat until the batter is gone.
Makes 4-6 pancakes. Feel free to load them with more grass-fed butter and a little of organic, grade B maple syrup as well. Enjoy!